Big Bend National Park
Big Bend National Park is a beautiful and enormous park. We have only exposed
the tip of the iceberg with our geologic information about the park. This
page is dedicated to other sites that contain information about the park, the
history, wildlife, river sports, and other field trips similar to ours. Also
included on this page are some references we found useful and interesting
pertaining to the Big Bend region.
Thank you for visiting! Please send any questions, comments, and
link suggestions to Cain and Leslie Neal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Big Bend Web Sites (Non-profit)
Big Bend Web Sites (Commercial)
Big Bend Site References
- Maxwell, R.A., 1968
- The Big Bend of the Rio Grande: A guide to the Rocks, Landscape, Geologic History and Settlers
of the Area of Big Bend National Park. Austin: Bureau of Economic Geology.
- Nelson, Kerri, 1992
- A Road Guide to the Geology of Big Bend National Park. Big
Bend Natural History Association.
- Pearson, John (Ed.), 1990
- Hiker's Guide to Trails of Big Bend National Park. Big Bend
Natural History Association.
- Renfro, H.B., 1973
- Geological Highway Map of Texas. Tulsa: American Association of
- Spearing, Darwin, 1991
- Roadside Geology of Texas. Missoula: Mountain Press Publishing
- US National Park Service, 1983
- Big Bend: Official National Park Handbook. Washington: Division
of Publications, National Park Service.
- Wuerthner, George, 1989
- Texas' Big Bend Country. Helena, MT: American Geographic